Friday, March 6, 2009

Two Pieces of Excitement!

Things have really kicked into action around the brewery now since Stitches West is over. Lots to report!!!

First - I'm extremely proud to share that I was one of the winners in the Think Outside the Sox design contest! The judges at Universal Yarn Company must have a good sense of humor about how men are because they chose my "Find Your Way Home" sock as the winner of their Most Masculine division. This sock, made from Universal Ditto self-striping yarn, features a knitted-in compass to help out those guys who will never ask for directions! The stitch pattern is a vertical zigzag, which offsets the horizontal striping a bit. I'm quite proud that the striping across the two socks matches perfectly!!! I apologize for the baggy appearance of the sock in the picture - my plastic feet are a ladies size 5.
My generous prize includes a $500 check, yarn from the folks at Universal, and publishing of my pattern in the contest compilation book that XRX will be putting together. As a special little treat, I even got interviewed by Michael from Y-Knits for his podcast. He is just the nicest man ever, and he really knows his stuff!

Overall I had a blast at Stitches with my friend that I travelled with. We took classes, hung at the market, met great people, and consumed a steady stream of cocktails to keep the party buzz buzzing for 4 days :-)

News item number two is that we have launched an interim store on Etsy! While our "real" online store is under construction, we'll be selling sock yarns and other goodies on Etsy. Stop by for a browse of our cocktail themed yarns and stitch markers. Free pattern with every yarn purchase, and you'll never pay more than $5 for shipping - so load up that cart!

Click here to visit the store!

I have a new FO sock to share with you next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you -