Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's Party Season

Our annual southern Cal June Gloom has passed, and days are sunny and hot now from the minute we roll out of bed. It's party season!

We began two weeks ago, by bartending at the outdoor wedding party for one of my best friends. It was a real hoot! These two have been together for 17 years, and finally tied the knot. I engraved some napkins for the party that said: Kari and John, It's about Damn Time! After I'd served myself a number of margaritas, the band coaxed me onstage to sing Mustang Sally, which was probably more enjoyable for me than it was for those that had the pleasure of listening. :-)

Last weekend was the International Beer Festival at the San Diego County Fair. The event was quite large, with somewhere around 200 breweries sampling their goods. The tastings were 1 oz pours, but were unlimited, so it's safe to conclude that there was some tipsiness happening. My favorite beer label is shown above- ha!

Yesterday we had some friends over for a 4th of July BBQ Pool Party and had a great time. The Boytoy found some great new pool floaties that got lots of use, and the food was yummy! So yummy in fact, that sneaky Smithers (shown to the left cuddling my Mini Mochi) helped himself to some London Broil off the serving counter while the rest of us were outside eating. Guess he had a good holiday, too!





The real culinary coup was this
dessert made by Judy and Jeff which fit the theme beautifully and tasted as good as it looks. Hmmm... there are some leftovers that might just make a good breakfast...

Today's party is the Grand Opening of a new LYS north of here a few miles in Vista. The name is Clever Knits, and I'll be sure to report. The young gals that own it seem to be pretty cool, based on their blogs and Facebook info.

I've been whittling away at my WIP and am feeling much better about it! I finished the sample sock I was working on for the "potential business collaboration to be discussed later." It's pretty cool - hubby likes it, and that's good since it's a mens sock.

Since my last post, I also resolved to work one row per day on my lace shawl, and so far I've done two per day! I've reached a milestone in the pattern - I've finished the first of the three repeats in the pattern. But does that mean I'm 1/3 done? Hell no! The rows get longer and longer with this rectangular shawl. At this time, the row is 213 sts long, and it will get to 432 by the end. I figure I'm about 15% done. But I'm also thrilled to be making progress!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you -