Monday, July 20, 2009

Petco Park and some Unusual Pets

Yesterday was the annual Stitch and Pitch event at the San Diego Padres Petco Park. Always a fun event, a section is reserved for needleworkers and their friends and family (or at least those who will be seen with them needleworking in public!) To augment this event, we have our own tradition of gathering our north county group to take the commuter train downtown to the park - imbibing "Mass Transit Margaritas" all the way down! This year we had a beautiful, hot day to enjoy while we watched the Rockies annihilate our poor, pathetic Padres. Oh well... the company was great, the buzz was good, and we got some knitting done when we weren't otherwise distracted by people watching and fatty junk food!

I promised I'd start sharing some photos from our Safari KAL that is currently underway. The FOs are so fun to see - no two are alike! It's just uncanny how much the Tiger Stripe version looks like a real tiger!


The zebras are so much fun, too!






I'm continuing to make progress on my WIP - I'll post pick of that in the next update!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you -