Saturday, July 11, 2009

Three New Colors and One New State

It's so fun to release new colors. First, I get to think about what the colors should be. Then, I get to play with the dye to get the actual colors to match the ones in my head. Then, best of all, I get to name them! Here are the latest three Sock-aholic® Solids!

Tidal Wave: Surfs Up, Dude! This one has its roots in our SoCal location. Trade in your board for some sticks and Hang 10 fingers around a skein of this vibrant, saturated Teal.







Speakeasy: Rustic charm in honor of those secret establishments that kept us happy during the Prohibition. This medium Russet has beautiful golden highlights – and is 100% legal.





Last Call: Just like the song says, “You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.” It’s closing time, so wander out into this midnight blue and find your next project destination.









I'm also excited to share that we've added our 40th state to the "where we've shipped" map! Welcome Iowa! It's extra special because it's my birthstate. Only 10 states to go!


Knitters Brewing has shipped to 40 states! (80%)


My WIP update for this post is that I've still been working 2 rows per day on the lace shawl. It just never seems to look any bigger to me, but I guess it will get there eventually! My friend Kelie, who found this shawl pattern at Stitches, is almost done with hers, and it is beautiful! I've also designed and started test-knitting one of the holiday projects I plan to release in late summer. It's very different from the things I've been designing to date, and fits in with the store theme to a tee! I'll share this project in an upcoming post.


We're about a third of the way through the Safari KAL, and the projects are looking so great! The group seems to really be having fun with this crazy pattern, and a few people have been adding little personal touches to their zebras and tigers which makes them even more special. Next post I'll share some of the group's WIP and FOs.


Cheers-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you -