Friday, March 2, 2012

New Base Yarn Has Landed!

As if Fridays aren't good enough already... our new base yarn completed it's long journey and arrived in our warehouse today!!!


This exclusive new fingering weight blend is 50% FS Alpaca/30% Fine Merino (22.5 um)/20% Lyocell (Tencel). It’s a 4-ply yarn, and is just slightly lighter weight than our original Sock-aholic. Best of all, it is VERY soft :-) It’s going to make great socks, shawls, scarves, and gloves! Each 100g skein will contain approximately 480 yards of yarny goodness.


We now have a ton of work to do to get it dyed and photographed and ready to launch, but I expect we’ll be ready to launch in April :-) Stay tuned!



Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting... Where in the world are you keeping it stored.? that is alot of yarn... I can't wait to get my hands on it.... It's a good thing we get a new KAL this next week..... What Lucius colors will it be? It will be out in time for me to take to Orlando for it's vacation.,... YEH !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrrr..... Can't wait to get some on my needles to try!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you -